Tuesday 12 May 2015

Opinion: Flat White, or Latte?

Posted By: Hips Tan - Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Share

& Comment

Today, we have the pleasure of featuring someone who is at the cutting edge of what it means to exist in society. Yes, a hipster. Just like our editor, Hipstan. They are bros-in-arms. Yes, bro. Bro. Bro. Hipstan enjoys talking to John because they have common topics, like, being a social activist, and socially activisting and talking about the social activities that social activists do.

Since he has so many ideas (and keeps cutting me off whenever I speak anyway) lets get straight to the point and let the man do his talking - introducing, Mr. Jansten Aldrouss-Moh.

"Others need to accept people who are different"

Good evening ladies and gentlemen;

Some of you might have questioned my name; I'd wish to say my name was given to me because of my mixed parentage, but my name is actually Moh See Yong and I came up with this name myself because it sounded more hipster.

Yes, I'm proud to be a hipster. I'm a photography and media studies graduate, and I do freelancing (i.e. nothing); its great, it doesn't limit me to a typical 9-5 job that others in my cohort have to drag themselves through (just that I don't get paid a salary because I have no job).

I think people need to have dreams and not constrain themselves to what society expects of them, to get a job, support yourself, fund your lifestyle, etc you know? Its amazing, how from my MacBook I can support so many social causes and show the world I care.

One minute, I'm telling people how they should support the cause for poverty in some undeveloped country by clicking 'Like' and typing a really long essay, and the next minute I'm reading about the top 10 restaurants in San Francisco (San Frans, as its' called) and pretending I've been there before, which is useful when I have conversations with other hipsters. 

I think people need to accept others who choose to be different; I choose to be a rebel, and different, living off my parents' CPF savings instead of getting a job, and I hope that by writing really long essays on Facebook and posting artsy, zoomed in pictures of my lattes and desserts that I have at various hipster cafes I will change the world. Somehow.

About Hips Tan

Hips Tan can be found sipping her latte at a cafe in Tiong Bahru, where she writes her articles. She thinks that LimpehFT, asingaporeanson and other bloggers are pussies who sit on the toilet seat when they do a piss, and are too soft to write this shit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Condemn Nation™ is a registered trademark.

Templateism. Hosted on Blogger Platform.



Disclaimer: All characters and events depicted in this site, including those based on real people, are entirely fictional. This website contains material that erodes sanity and should be be viewed by anyone.